Friday, April 7, 2017

Hannah's Moon (American Journey, #5) by John A. Heldt


After struggling for years to have a child, Claire Rasmussen, 34, turns to adoption, only to find new obstacles on the path to motherhood. Then she gets an unlikely phone call and soon learns that a distant uncle possesses the secrets of time travel.

Within weeks, Claire, husband Ron, and brother David find themselves on a train to Tennessee and 1945, where adoptable infants are plentiful and red tape is short. For a time, they find what they seek. Then a beautiful stranger enters their lives, the Navy calls, and a simple, straightforward mission becomes a race for survival.

Filled with suspense, romance, and heartbreak, HANNAH’S MOON, the epic conclusion of the American Journey series, follows the lives of four spirited adults as they confront danger, choices, and change in the tense final months of World War II.


I've been reading and enjoying John Heldt's books for years and I think I've found my favorite in Hannah's Moon.  I've enjoyed all his books- I'm a sucker for a good time travel story- especially one that takes me back to a certain time in history that I can become immersed in.  John Heldt is very good at bringing the past to life in his books.  In fact, one of his books was set in Galveston, TX and after reading it, I wanted to go there so much.  I'm finally going this summer!  :)

There is so much going on in this book!  The voice and perspective switches between four main characters- Claire, Ron, David and Margaret.  Their paths are separate, together, separate then together.  Each are on a journey together but also separately.  Things never go as planned and 1945 is a very volatile time in the US with WWII.  It kept the story moving along at a good pace and kept me so invested in the characters and what was going to happen next.  It was so good!  I loved the angle of adoption.  And the baseball moments!  I just love baseball.

This book is part of a series but can stand alone.  The end of this books brings many characters from previous books together so you may be a missing a bit of connection there if you haven't read the other books but nothing that is vital to this story or it's characters.

Content:  Mild swearing, mild violence

- I received a copy of this book from the author.  A positive review was not required and all opinions expressed are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.