Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Banished (Forbidden #2) by Kimberley Griffiths Little

She thought she’d lost everything…

After spending months traveling the harsh, unforgiving Mesopotamian desert, Jayden reunites with a broken, injured Kadesh. Although everyone was convinced the violent and unpredictable Horeb, Jayden’s betrothed, killed the handsome prince, Jayden knew in her heart that her love was alive and safe. But their reunion is short-lived, as they learn Horeb is on their trail and determined to take back the girl he has claimed. Soon, the two star-crossed lovers are on the run toward Sariba, Kadesh’s homeland, where, as heir to the kingdom, he plans to make Jayden his princess.

But the trek to Sariba comes with heartache and danger. After narrowly escaping being stoned to death for a crime she didn’t commit, and learning that her sister has disappeared, Jayden’s only solace is her love for Kadesh. But even he is keeping secrets from her…secrets that will change everything.

This gorgeous and enchanting sequel to Forbidden is fraught with love, danger, and heated passion that will leave readers breathless.


Oh, man.  I get so worked up and tense when I read these books.  My whole body is just on edge and I have to force myself to relax but then one minute later I'm all worked up again.  That's because this book is full on, all the time.  It is so fast paced and there is always something happening.  I cannot help but be fully caught up in this story.  It's so intense!

The desert setting is so harsh and deadly.  I can feel the sand everywhere and the sun beating down on me.  I was so thirsty while reading this book!

I swear Jayden has a death wish- but she is like a cat with eternal lives.  Jayden is fierce and loyal.  She is a protector by nature and I love how she is always trying to right the wrongs of her world.  But Jayden would be no kind of fantastic character if she didn't have those moments of gentleness and weakness to help me connect to her.  I am always rooting for Jayden's success.  And yay!  She found Kadesh!  A bit broken but alive and with Jayden's love and trust in him, he steps up to be the man he needs to be- for Jayden and for his people.

I'm telling you- this book is crazy, full on.  I was so compelled to keep reading- it was nuts.  I finished this book just like I finished the first book in the series- desperate.  Ugh.  Cliffhangers just kill me.  I wish I had the next book right now.

Content:  violence (some fairly graphic), talk of prostitution without details, passionate kissing.  (I read this book the minute I got it and didn't take any notes because I was a bit obsessed.  And it was a month ago so forgive me if I've forgotten something in content to report!)

3 comments:

  1. I really love this series. I did like Forbidden better than Banished, but both were great. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you love this series too. I loved Forbidden better as well- especially the dancing parts, which I didn't get so much of in this book. Thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete
  2. AMIEEEEE! Wowza, I'm flabbergasted and thrilled to pieces at your marvelous review of BANISHED!

    THANK YOU times a thousand!!

    It's so funny about the dancing comments, I get people who LOVE the dancing and others who thought it was WAAAY too much, or didn't like it at all. Oy!? :-)

    Thank you again!
    xo,
    Kimberley

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.