Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Avenging by Holly Kelly (The Rising Series #3)

Two thousand years ago, King Triton witnessed the slaughter and total annihilation of his merchildren. He vowed then and there to never again father a child. Powerful and eternally youthful, Triton was no stranger to seduction. But his resolve was unwavering—until he met Nicole. Unable to resist the human woman, he found himself swept up in her arms. When he finally came to his senses, he abandoned her to return to his refuge in the sea.

Twenty years later, he comes face to face with his daughter. Triton is both thrilled and frightened to learn he's a father. Meeting the child he never knew fills a void in his life. But at the same time, he once again finds his heart at risk. Even more terrifying, he's forced to admit he's still in love with Nicole. Gathering his courage, he leaves the sea to seek her out. But the pain he caused is not easily forgotten. And mending broken hearts should be the least of his worries. The elements are in commotion, threatening the utter destruction of mankind. And much to the sea god's surprise, the human woman he loves may be the key to saving them all.


This is one of my favorite book series.  Avenging is the third book in the series and you really need to read the first two books before you read this one.  The first book is actually free on Amazon right now!  Yay!

Rising (The Rising Series Book 1)
Descending (The Rising Series Book 2)

I know when I pick up one of these books I had better make sure I have time to read or I'm going to be frustrated when I have to put it down.  It's so easy to get sucked into these books.  There is constant action and forward progression, which I love.  The mythology is woven right in seamlessly and I always feel that connection and interest in what I am reading.  I also love the romance because I'm that kind of girl.

This book is focused on King Triton and believe me when I say he is nothing like the King Triton of The Little Mermaid.  You can just look at the cover to know that.  This book picks up right where the last book left off and all the characters in the previous books make an appearance in this book as well.  They all have to work together to fight what's coming.  Every book builds on the last and ooh boy, the next book is going to be big!  Like, BIG, big.  I can't wait!

One thing I always feel the need to mention is about the publisher, Clean Teen Publishing.  They have this really cool rating system in place so you can see exactly what content you will find in each and every book they publish.  "Because you deserve to know what you're reading."  I think it's awesome.  I was showing my husband when I started this book that there is a scan code at the beginning of the book.  I just pulled out my phone and it took me right to the content rating page.  He thought that was pretty cool.  I do too.  I wish every publisher did this.  My thanks to Clean Teen Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book for them.  ( I may or may not have begged them to let me review this book. . .)

You can read the full content disclosure for this book in the link above.  There is some violence and paranormal creatures that are a bit disturbing.  There are references to prior sexual involvement, but there is no sexual content other than kissing in this book.

1 comment:

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.