Thursday, March 19, 2015

This Just In by Kathryn Scarborough


Science teacher Gina Thompson is as pragmatic and level headed as the next person except for the perpetual TV announcer that lives in her head and comments on everything she thinks. Her large family drives her crazy by getting her the worst blind dates on the planet. Ken Armstrong is an astrophysicist working at NASA. He is alone except for his grouchy old cat and his grouchy old uncle, Ken’s only family, and he likes it fine that way. Uncle Johann meets Gina and decides ‘she is the one’. Through a series of planned mishaps and an icy visit from Mother Nature these two seriously logical people discover that indeed, there is scientific proof of love at first sight.


This contemporary romance fell a bit flat for me.  I just didn't love it.  While the idea of the story is good, the execution left much to be desired.  I didn't connect to the characters and I never felt fully engaged in the story.  I think there is a lot of potential here but for me, this book just didn't work.

This is a clean romance.  There is some profanity (using God and Jesus as exclamations) but other than that it is sweet and clean.  

Not every story meshes with every reader but I do thank Astraea Press for allowing me to read and review titles for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.