Thursday, August 7, 2014

Sense & Sensibility by Rebecca H. Jamison

Which is the key to love—passion or sensibility? Sensible Elly and romantic Maren are sisters trying to hold their family together in the wake of their father’s bankruptcy and death. As both unexpectedly encounter the madness and misadventures of love, they find out what true happiness means. This modern reimagining of the Jane Austen favorite will capture your heart all over again.

Here is an old favorite of mine, re-done in a contemporary setting.  I loved that I still felt the familiar chords of the orginal story but also felt something fresh and new being added in.  

The story started out slowly for me.  It took a little while for me to settle in and become more invested but it did happen.  Elly and Maren are both likeable characters with flaws and quirks that will endear them to you.  It's a rocky road of love and relationships for them but one that is worth it in the end.  The last third of the book was my favorite because the story kicks up a notch and things really start happening.

I loved the ending.  It wrapped everything up in way that made me happy and left me feeling content.  (Stand alone books can be so refreshing after reading so many books in a series that leave you hanging!)

This book is LDS based, there is some mentions of church related things although nothing I would consider preachy.  Because it does have that base, it is also free of swearing and sexual situations, which I love.  

You can purchase Sense & Sensibility at Amazon.  My thanks to Cedar Fort for allowing me to read and review for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.