Saturday, June 21, 2014

A March Bride by Rachel Hauck (A Year of Weddings Novella)

Susanna has found her true prince, and their happily ever after is just around the corner. But when Nate asks her to give up something precious to her, Susanna can’t help but wonder if it’s a sign that their love is not meant to be.

Susanna Truitt (Once Upon A Prince) is three weeks from royalty. She’ll soon marry King Nathaniel II of Brighton Kingdom. But when the government insists she renounce her American citizenship before the wedding, coupled with the lack of involvement by family and friends, her heart begins to doubt whether this marriage is God’s plan for her.

Nathaniel would do anything for his bride-to-be. But he knows his position requires that she give up a lot to be with him. Her life will never be her own — right down to her very identity. When she travels home to St. Simon’s Island, Georgia, right before the wedding, Nathaniel fears she won’t return. Gathering his courage, he devises a plan to win his bride all over again, and together they seek out a kingdom to treasure above all.

I'm on a roll with the "Year of Weddings" series and I'm up to March!  Okay, so I'm only 3 in but I'm really enjoying this series so far.  These are all novellas, one per month, quick and fun, all by different authors.  I can count on all of these books to be clean which is dreamy to me.  :)

Nathaniel is seriously the sweetest of men.  He will literally do anything for his bride-to-be.  I love how devoted he is to Susanna.  He wants to please her and show his love.  He goes out of his way to demonstrate that devotion and love.  It melts my heart.

This novella is a sort of follow up with the characters from "Once Upon a Prince" which fortunately I have read (and loved).  I'm sure this novella is meant to be a stand alone and can be read without having read the main book, but I'm not sure as I have read them both and in the right order.  All I can say is that I'm glad that I already knew the history of Susanna and Nathaniel when I started "A March Bride".  I had that base history of the two of them that helped me understand the conflict here and made the resolution all the sweeter.  It's so nice to have a follow up of characters you already know and love.  So, if you haven't had a chance to pick up "Once Upon a Prince" by Rachel Hauck, you might want to.  It's a good, clean read.  And yes, Christian Fiction as well.

My thanks to the publisher for allowing me to read and review this title.

You can purchase this title at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.