Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Slow Burning Fire by J.F. Jenkins

A Slow Burning Fire by JF Jenkins
Inspirational Romance
Length: 111 Pages
ISBN: 9781621351559

Ever since super star, Arial Oakley, could remember, she's been in love with her hunky co-star Bryce Valentine. The only problem: Bryce has been in a relationship with another ac-tress for quite some time. Not wanting to be “the other woman”, Arial never pursued any of her feelings for him despite how well they connected.

When Bryce suddenly becomes single, both of their worlds are flipped upside down. To help him nurse his aching heart, Arial invites him back home to her family farm for some much needed peace and quiet from the paparazzi.

What neither of them expects is to fall in love: with the calm, with the country, with each other. But how much of it is real, and how much of it is a means to escape a broken heart?

I felt like this book title really fit this book.  The romance in this book was really slow developing.  It starts out as friends and basically stays there through the whole book even though both main characters realize they have feelings for each other.

I appreciated that Arial kept her attraction to Bryce in check because he was in a relationship.  She wasn't out to steal him away but instead contented herself with being his friend.  When Bryce's relationship fails, he doesn't jump right into a relationship with Arial.  He takes his time and enjoys the friendship that they share.  Friendship is a great base to any relationship.

I did feel that for most of the book I was just waiting.  Waiting for something to happen.  We get a lot of farm life and chores.  I felt as though the story sort of dragged on through the middle.  The characters felt a bit younger to me than what they were said to be, especially Bryce.  Arial's behavior in the end after Bryce finally confesses his feelings really baffled me.  It seemed completely out of character for her and very childish.  It was weird and I didn't completely buy into it.

But, having said all that, I did enjoy this book.  It was sweet and clean, easy reading.  I polished it off pretty fast, diverted from my mom duties, in escape mode.  :)

As always, my thanks to Astraea Press for allowing me to read and review for them.

You can find A Slow Burning Fire at Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds like a perfect escape from all the PNR books and Sci-fi and Urban Fantasy ! Might interest me sometime !!

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.